An Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We sure you have been following the news about COVID-19. We want to provide you with an update about how the Yuma Community Food Bank is responding.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our communities, while continuing to meet the critical need for emergency food. We expect that need to increase as schools are shut down and the economy is affected by COVID-19.
We are actively monitoring the situation and recommendations from the CDC and local government, and we will continue to share updates.
Right now, we need your help more than ever to meet the increased need and keep our communities healthy.
What is the Yuma Community Food Bank doing?
- Our doors are staying open and we have extended the hours of distribution at our
main campus for now, Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- We are taking some steps to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers and our clients.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfection in common areas.
- We have posted additional reminders of proper handwashing procedures.
- We have provided extra sanitation and hand-washing stations where possible.
- We have gone to a “No Handshaking” policy.
- We have asked that employees and volunteers who are ill to stay home.
- We have limited the number of clients that our in our customer service area.
What can I do to help?
- Please stay home if you’re sick. We all need to help protect members of our community
who are most vulnerable to illness.
- If you are healthy and able, please help by volunteering to pack emergency food boxes.
We URGENTLY need volunteers to keep our operations running. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- If you’ve traveled to areas affected by the coronavirus, or have been in contact with sick
individuals, please do not sign up for volunteer shifts.
- Donate today as schools shut down and the economy is affected, we expect a higher than
usual need for emergency food. You can help us keep our doors open.
We are committed to keeping our communities healthy—and we couldn’t do it without you. For more information, contact Shara Whitehead at 928-259-2203 or visit our website to make a donation, www.yumafoodbank.org.